Denendeh Development Corporation
est. in 1982
- NWT Indigenous Leaders Economic CoalitionApril 10 – 11, 2024 Explorer Hotel Denendeh Development Corporation (DDC) hosts the NWT Indigenous Leaders Economic Forum. The purpose of this forum is to provide Indigenous leadership with a venue to learn about the state of the economy, discuss solutions and build unity through partnerships and action.
- First Nations Major Projects Coalition
Denendeh Development Corporation was established in 1982 as a not-for-profit Corporation and over the years it has built up a diverse portfolio of investments. In order to provide greater opportunities for growth in 2000 the Chiefs of Denendeh approved a new investment structure that resulted in the creation of Denendeh Investments Limited Partnership (DILP) and its general partner Denendeh Investments Incorporated (DII).
- DDC owns 50% of the NWT Dene Metis Development Fund, along with the NWT Metis Development Corporation.
- DDC owns preferred and ordinary partnership units in DILP.
- DDC organized and presented the Annual NWT Aboriginal Business Conferences between 2006 and 2009.
- DDC was instrumental in the creation of the Northern Aboriginal Business Association (NABA), founded in October 2007.
- DDC works to create long-term economic self-sufficiency for the Dene – investing today for a stronger Dene future.