Denendeh Development Corporation
est. in 1982
- First Nations Major Projects Coalition
- Tribute to James FirthThe Board and Staff were saddened to learn of the passing of long-time DDC Board Member and Chair and DII Board Member and Vice-Chairman James Firth. Attached is the tribute to James from Dene Nation and DDC that appeared in the News North on Monday, February 20, 2023.
Denendeh Development Corporation was established in 1982 as a not-for-profit Corporation and over the years it has built up a diverse portfolio of investments. In order to provide greater opportunities for growth in 2000 the Chiefs of Denendeh approved a new investment structure that resulted in the creation of Denendeh Investments Limited Partnership (DILP) and its general partner Denendeh Investments Incorporated (DII).
- DDC owns 50% of the NWT Dene Metis Development Fund, along with the NWT Metis Development Corporation.
- DDC owns preferred and ordinary partnership units in DILP.
- DDC organized and presented the Annual NWT Aboriginal Business Conferences between 2006 and 2009.
- DDC was instrumental in the creation of the Northern Aboriginal Business Association (NABA), founded in October 2007.
- DDC works to create long-term economic self-sufficiency for the Dene – investing today for a stronger Dene future.
For more information visit www.denendehinvestments.ca and www.mddf.ca